Mount EnCase, FTK and DD forensic image files as a drive letter on your PC. Includes logical mounting of .l01 and .ad1 image files. Run any tool, such as Recover My Files, over the mounted image in a read only environment. 30 day free trial.
GetData Mount Image Pro
₨34,500 – ₨57,500
To download GetData Mount Image Pro:
- Download and follow installation instructions.
- A reboot is required to install mount drivers.
- Run MIP and confirm drive status in GUI status bar.
Mount Image Pro v6 – Forensic Software
Mount Forensic Images
GetData Mount Image Pro is a computer forensics tool for Computer Forensics investigations. It enables the mounting of forensic images including:
- EnCase .E01, EX01, .L01, .LX01
- AccessData .AD1
- DD and RAW images (Unix/Linux)
- Forensic File Format .AFF
- NUIX .MFS01
- Safeback v2
- XWays .CTR
and other common image formats including:
- Apple DMG
- ISO (CD and DVD images)
- Microsoft VHD
- VMWare (ESX not yet supported)
image files as a drive letter under the Windows file system.
Try before you buy
Download Mount Image Pro and run it free for 30 days to full evaluate the software.
- Map images as a single drive letter to explore “Unused/Non partitioned” disk space or map specific drive letters to any or all partitions within the image files.
- Use third party tools without the need to restore images to another PC. Now you can develop or use your own tools without the limitations a scripting language.
- You do not need to have EnCase installed nor do your require an EnCase dongle to use Mount Image Pro. This gives you and your clients total flexibility when dealing with EnCase evidence files.
Maintain Forensic Integrity
It fully maintains the MD5 HASH integrity which can be tested by a reacquisition of the mounted drive and a comparison of MD5 check-sums. It also will open EnCase password protected image files without the password.
Who is using GetData Mount Image Pro:
Our key clients include:
- Corporate Investigators
- Major Law Firms
- State and Federal law enforcement agencies
- Military Investigation agencies
- Operating System: Windows NT/2000/XP/2003/Vista/7/8/10
- RAM: 128 MB recommended
- Hard Disk: At least 6 MB of free disk space
Immediate Product Activation
When you order GetData Mount Image Pro you immediately receive a product activation key so that you can immediately Mount forensic images.
QUICK START GUIDE
Introducing Mount Image Pro
GetData Mount Image Pro mounts EnCase, FTK, DD, RAW, SMART, SafeBack, ISO, VMWare and other image files as a drive letter (or physical drive) on your computer.
What does this ‘mount as a drive letter’ mean?
GetData Mount Image Pro turns an image file of a computer (or a logical image file) into a drive letter on your computer system. This means that you can:
- Browse the computer files like you do your own files with programs such as Windows Explorer;
- Run third party applications, such as virus scanners, spyware scanners over your evidence files;
- Run programs third party programs on the physical drive, such as GetData’s Recover My Files; and,
you can do all this in a ready only “forensically secure” environment, as the contents of the image file will not be changed.
IMPORTANT: When dealing with forensic evidence files ensure that you have a verified and secured a master copy.
Mount Image Pro System Requirements
Mount Image Pro will run on Windows NT4, 2000, XP, 2003, Vista, 7, 8, 10.
It is recommended that previous version of Mount Image Pro be uninstalled via the Windows Control Panel prior to installing a new version.
Download Mount Image Pro from the download links provided at this website (there is no separate evaluation version). Run the setup file and follow the installation instructions. Mount Image Pro requires the installation of drivers. A reboot will be required.
After installation Mount Image Pro requires activation. Run Mount Image Pro and you will be prompted at the program splash screen to enter your license key. Common activation issues can usually be solved using the GetData License Manager.
- A 30 day activation key is available from this website.
- GetData Mount Image Pro will run without limitations for 30 days.
- At the end of the evaluation period you must purchase a license key to continue to use the software.
Software Key Activation
- A software license key is provided at the time of purchase. The software key is hardware locked to a computer.
- Enter the software license key at the program splash screen.
- A USB Wibu activation dongle contains an activation key. When inserted, Mount Image Pro will be activated. When removed it will return to evaluation mode.
- Insert the activation dongle and run Mount Image Pro. Maintenance dates are shown on the splash screen.
- Refer to the user manual for instructions on updated a dongle license.
To Mount Images from the Desktop
Open GetData Mount Image Pro from the desktop icon. Click the “Mount” button on the main program screen to open the selection window. To add to the selection window, click:
- “Add Image” to add a forensic image file (E01, L01, AD1, RAW etc.)
- “Add RAID” button to add a RAID.
- “Network” to mount a remote drive via UDP.
- Select the device or image that you wish to mount and the press the Mount button.
- The Options window will open.
- Select the require mount options (refer to the user manual for more information) and press OK to mount the image.
If the drive is mounted with a drive letter, you should then be able to browse to the drive using Windows. Double click on the drive letter to open Windows Explorer.
Running Mount Image Pro from the Command Line (DOS)
Open a DOS Window. Commands are issued on the command line using the syntax:
- “MIP.EXE Command [Options]”.
- (Note: in MIP v5 the command is “MIP5.EXE Command [Options]”).
All commands and options are case insensitive. Common commands are:
|STATUS||Print MIP status information.|
|MOUNT||Mount disk image file(s) as a virtual drive.|
|UNMOUNT||Unmount disk image file(s).|
|VIEW||Display information about a disk image file(s).|
|LOOKUP||Lookup mounted drive letters or image files.|
|HELP||Print command help.|
The sample dos commands below will mount the evidence file “Evidence_File_1.e01” as drive S:
cd: C:\Program Files\Mount Image Pro
MIP MOUNT C:\Evidence_File_1.e01 /L:S
For more information refer to the Mount Image user manual.
Practical uses for Mount Image Pro
There are many practical applications for Mount Image Pro. For example
- Cost Effective Access to Forensic Image Files
Mount Image Pro does not require forensic software to be installed when mounting forensic image files. Police, commercial investigators, lawyers, lawyers etc. use Mount Image Pro to share forensic images with relevant parties in a cost effect and secure manner.
- Keyword Index
Once an image has been mounted a keyword index tool, such as Google Desktop, Yahoo Search or X1 can be run over the mounted image to index all files in the image. The contents of the image can then easily be text searched by a third party, such as a lawyer or prosecutor.
- Virus or Trojan Scan
Often a defence raised to an allegation about computer misuse is that the system was infected by a virus or a trojan which was responsible for the actions. Mount Image Pro gives the user fast access to scan an image using the latest commercially available virus or Trojan scanners (such as Norton and Mcafee) to test these assertions.
- Other Third Party Tools
Mount Image Pro enables the use of any third party software to examine mounted data. Mount Image Pro is widely used by commercial e-discovery platforms.
Whats new in MIP v6:
Compare the new features of Mount Image Pro Version 6:
|Supported Image File Formats||MIPv5||MIPv6|
|Advanced File Format.AFF|
|EnCase E01 Ex01 L01 Lx01|
|DMG (Apple format)|
|VHD (Microsoft Virtual PC)|
|64 bit native multiple-threaded|
|Extended partition support|
|Folder mount disks|
|GPT drive support|
|Live Boot with Forensic Explorer (www.forensicexplorer.com)|
|Mount non 512 sector drives|
|Network read and folder traverse speed improved|
|Physical drive mounting|
|Plug and Play mount options|
|Skip missing image files|
|Software key or Wibu Dongle|
|CMD XML output|
|Updated CMD switches|
|Show deleted files|
|Show unallocated clusters|
|Show filesystem artifacts|
|Mount MAC HFS (no 3rd party driver)|
|Mount over UDP/TCPIP|
|Remove hidden attributes|
|GetData Mount Image Pro|
Extend Maintenance to 2 years, Extend Maintenance to 3 years, First Year maintenance – FREE