Compress, Encrypt, Package, and Backup with only one utility! There is no better way to compress files for efficient and secure file transfer, faster e-mail transmission and well-organized data storage.
₨4,495 – ₨29,295
RAR and WinRAR are Windows 10 (TM) compatible, available in over 50 languages in both 32bit and 64bit and several operating systems (OS) and the only compression software that is fully accepted in all countries using Unicode. Download Free WinRAR Software now!
WinRAR at a glance
- WinRAR is a powerful compression tool with many integrated additional functions to help you organize your compressed archives.
- WinRAR puts you ahead of the crowd when it comes to compression. By consistently creating smaller archives, this is often faster than the competition. This will save you disk space, transmission costs AND valuable working time as well.
- It supports all popular compression formats (RAR, ZIP, CAB, ARJ, LZH, ACE, TAR, GZip, UUE, ISO, BZIP2, Z and 7-Zip).
- WinRAR is ideal for multimedia files. It automatically recognizes and selects the best compression method. The special compression algorithm compresses multimedia files, executables and object libraries particularly well.
- WinRAR allows you to split archives into separate volumes easily, making it possible to save them on several disks for example.
- WinRAR is also ideal if you are sending data through the web. Its 256-bit password encryption and its authenticated signature technology will give you the peace of mind you have been looking for.
- This is a trial product, meaning you have the chance to thoroughly test it. The program can be used absolutely free of charge for 40 days!
- WinRAR licenses are valid for all available language and platform versions. If you have purchased several licenses, you can even mix versions to meet your own personal needs.
1. What is a RAR File?
RAR is the native format of WinRAR archiver. Like other archives, RAR files are data containers, they store one or several files in the compressed form. After you downloaded RAR file from the Internet, you need to unpack its contents in order to use it.
2. How to handle RAR Files?
WinRAR provides the complete support for RAR files, so you may both create and unpack them. If you installed WinRAR on your computer and downloaded RAR file from the Internet, you may double-click on RAR file icon to open it in WinRAR, select all files, press “Extract To” button, enter a destination path and press “OK”. Another way is to click on the RAR file in Explorer using the right mouse button. If you enabled “Shell integration” option when installing WinRAR, the file context menu will contain “Extract to …” item. Some RAR files can be parts of multi-volume sequences. In WinRAR, you can split a huge archive to a few smaller files, which are called volumes. They may have extensions .rar (the first volume), .r00, .r01, …, or .part1.rar (the first volume), .part2.rar, …, etc. If you need to unpack volumes, place all them in the same folder and start extraction from the first volume.
3. RAR versus ZIP
Comparing to ZIP file format, RAR provides a number of advanced features: more convenient multipart (multivolume) archives, tight compression including special solid, multimedia and text modes, strong AES-128 encryption, recovery records helping to repair an archive even in case of physical data damage, Unicode support to process non-English file names and a lot more.
1. What is a ZIP File?
ZIP is a popular archive format widely using on the Internet. Like other archives, ZIP files are data containers, they store one or several files in the compressed form. After you downloaded a ZIP file, you need to unpack its contents in order to use it.
2. How to handle ZIP Files?
WinRAR provides the complete support for ZIP files, so you may both create and unpack them. If you installed this on your computer and downloaded a ZIP file from the Internet, you may double-click on ZIP file icon to open it in WinRAR, select all files, press “Extract To” button, enter a destination path and press “OK”. Another way is to click on the ZIP file in Explorer using the right mouse button. If you enabled “Shell integration” option when installing WinRAR, the file context menu will contain “Extract to …” item.
3. ZIP versus RAR
The main advantage of ZIP format is its popularity. ZIP file format was developed a long time ago and perhaps it is still the most known archive type, so a large part of Internet archives are ZIP files. But many important RAR format features (recovery records, Unicode names, strong AES encryption, etc.) are missing in a ZIP. RAR archives usually provide a noticeably higher compression ratio than ZIP file format.
1 PC, 2 PCs, 3 PCs, 4 PCs, 5 PCs, 6 PCs, 7 PCs, 8 PCs, 9 PCs, 10 PCs